Here are some of my favorite old and new kid & teen books that you should be reading this month! Want to know more about each of these books? Then read more about it in our catalog.
Continue reading March Kid & Teen Book Picks
The CLEL Bell Picture Book Awards by Colorado Libraries for Early Literacy recognize five high-quality picture books that provide excellent support of early literacy development in young children.
The five winning books consist of one title in each of five categories representing an early literacy practice: Read, Write, Sing, Talk, and Play. Continue reading Award-Winning Books for Early Literacy in Colorado
Thanks to Brightly for this wonderful intro to the world of science for babies. Baby Loves Science books are designed for for the very young, but are great for preschoolers and even grown-ups as a wonderful introduction to scientific concepts like aerospace engineering, thermodynamics, and molecules. Find out from Ruth Spiro, author of the Baby Loves Science series just why those ideas are not too big for babies to grasp.
This month we offer a range of reads, recommended by our staff. Try one or more and read away those dark winter nights. We even list some really fun picture books for your small reading companions!
- Love and Other Consolation Prizes by Jamie Ford
- The Bright Hour: A Memoir of Living and Dying by Nina Riggs
- The Love Letters of Abelard and Lily by Lauara Creedle
- Her Body and Other Parties: Stories by Carmen Machado
- Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly
- Manhattan Beach by Jennifer Egan
- Mother Bruce by Ryan Higgins
- Hotel Bruce by Ryan Higgins
- Bruce’s Big Move by Ryan Higgins
- The Wolf, the Duck & the Mouse by Mac Barnett
- Toads on Toast by Linda Bailey
Want more staff picks? You can always find previous lists in the catalog.