Each month we assemble a list of staff favorites; they can include books, DVDs, and even graphic novels. Take a look at the picks for this month and find some intriguing possibilities for your reading list. Thanks this month to Bernice, ShirleyO, Sherlene, and Ellen for an assortment of little gems.
Find these and all staff picks in the library catalog!
- From the Corner of the Oval by Beck Dorey-Stein
- Spoonbenders by Daryl Gregory
- Moloka’i by Alan Brennert
- Little Moments of Love by Catanda Chetwynd – This is both funny and sweet. The graphic novel is based on the author’s real relationship and while I may find the author humorously clingy on her husband, it is also romantic! – Sherlene
- The Perfectionists: How Precision Engineers Created the Modern World by Simon Winchester
- Little Heathens: Hard times and high spirits on an Iowa farm during the Great Depression by Mildred Kalish
- I Am, I Am, I Am: Seventeen Brushes with Death by Maggie O’Farrell
- La La Land – When I watched “La La Land” the first time I was so bummed there wasn’t a happy ever after for Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone that I didn’t appreciate the wonderful songs and dancing as much as I should have. I also didn’t consider the encouraging influence on each other that Ryan and Emma had despite the lack of an HEA. The jazz music wasn’t half bad either! As a lover of musicals I’ve added this one to my list of movies to recommend. – Sherlene