Summer is for reading. But then again, so are fall, winter, and spring. But summer reading has hot temperatures and long nights that make for a distinctly interesting reading experience. Our staff (and even a patron!) have been so busy reading this summer, that we just had to publish a super duper extra long list of recommended reads. So set up the hammock, the iced tea, and the popsicles, then dive into these yummy summer treats.
Thanks to Renee, Katie, Sherlene, Angelique, Shirley O, Cailin, and Diana for their suggestions.
- American Heiress by Jeffery Toobin -a Patron Pick!
- The Power by Naomi Alderman
- Insignificant Events in the Life of a Cactus by Dusti Bowling
- Home Fire by Kamila Shamsie
- The Life She Wants by Robyn Carr – “This book has as much to do with friendships of many kinds as it does with romances. It was very moving to read about Emma remaking her life after her husband’s death and renewing old friendships.” – Sherlene
- The Girl Who Smiled Beads by Clemantine Wamariya
- Us Against You by Fredrik Backman
- I See Life Through Rosé – Colored Glasses by Lisa Scottoline and Francesca Serritella – “They (Scottoline and Serritella) are both funny and true to life. ” – Sherlene
- The Flight Attendant by Chris Bohjalian
- Finding Dory – movie! “It was nice to find out Dory’s backstory and see her reunited with her family. I was glad about the positive messages for and about Dory despite her disability. ” – Sherlene
- The Book of Henry – movie!