With temperatures in the 90s and above(!) sometimes there’s not much to do but kick back, get a cool drink and a hot read. We have the reads – you provide the drinks and the comfy chair, and you’ll be all set for summertime.
Thanks to all our library staff for sharing their current favorites; Shirley, Bernice, Angelique, Sherlene, Kate, Renee J. and Ellen.
- Goodbye Christopher Robin – Great story about the creation of Winnie the Pooh, the author, his son and his wife.
- The Man Who Invented Christmas – Christopher Plummer stars in this journey that led to the creation of A Christmas Carol.
- The Last Station – Fictional treatment of the last year of Tolstoy’s life.
- Bachelor Girl by Kim van Alkemade
- Becoming Ms. Burton by Susan Burton – Not just another heartbreak story; delves into the systemic underpinnings of addiction through a personal lens.
- Summer Hours at the Robbers Library by Sue Halpern – try this on audio!
- Treating People Well : the extraordinary power of civility at work and in life by Lea Berman
- Unbound by John Shors
- Warlight by Michael Ondaatje
- Still Lives by Maria Hummel – It’s about an art exhibit on murdered women and opening night the artist disappears. The narrator works at the museum and dated the artist’s boyfriend.
- The Power by Naomi Alderman