Mothers Day. Holiday? Holy day? Hallmark day? Whatever your thoughts on the day, you must admit that the subject of mothers is something we all have experience with, and all have opinions about.
We’ve assembled here an intriguing selection of books about, for, and by mothers and their children. A motherly shout out goes to our staff contributors; Cailin, Ellen, Melissa, and Madra, as well as the folks at Brightly, and Shelf Awareness for Readers.
- Are You My Mother? by PD Eastman
- Hug by Jez Alborough
- Owl Babies by Martin Waddell
- How Mamas Love Their Babies by Juniper Fitzgerald
- The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill
- Homing Instincts: Early Motherhood on a Midwestern Farm by Sarah Menkedick
- Operating Instructions: A Journal of My Son’s First Year by Anne Lamott
- Mother, Daughter, Me by Katie Hafner
- The Twelve Tribes of Hattie by Ayana Mathis
- Mom: A Celebration of Mothers from Storycorps, edited by David Isay