On the go? Be in the know with text messaging from your library.
Library texts are free – only your cell phone plan’s regular text messaging rates apply. Maybe you’re wondering, “What’s the big deal? What can I do by text?”
There’s so much you can do by library text! You can get reminders about HOLDS ready to be picked up; you can RENEW items due soon; and you’ll get OVERDUE alerts for items already overdue. You can manage your account, and even receive status reports on your items. Read on to find out how to get started!
- Add the library text service to your contacts: 1-720-893-9151,
- Text “SIGNUP”. When prompted, enter your Lafayette Library card number (no spaces).
You’re on your way!
- You will receive three messages with introductory information. (You will still receive email hold notices by email. Contact the Library to discontinue email notices).
- Texts are sent when activity on your account triggers a message, but will only be sent between 8 am and 7 pm. (We respect your quiet hours!)
- Learn specific commands and more on our website.
- Already signed up from another FLC library? Simply text ADD CARD to 1-720-893-9151, and add your Lafayette card when prompted.
“I need some help using the system!”
No problem – go to our website, and select the tab for “Commands & Details,” where you’ll learn how to interact with the system through text commands.
Have fun, and enjoy this new added value from the Lafayette and FLC Libraries. You’re welcome!