The Archives at the Lafayette Public Library has exciting news! Several newspaper titles from early-20th-century Lafayette are now available online as part of the Colorado Historic Newspapers Collection. Continue reading Lafayette Historic Newspapers – Online
Day of the Dead, Día de Muertos, is celebrated in Mexico and throughout Latin America around All Saints Day; October 31, and November 1 – 2.
Join us for the Library’s Celebration of Day of the Dead on Saturday, October 27, 10:30 am – 4:30 pm. Activities include:
- 10:30 am – Movie showing: The Book of Life in English
- 12-4 pm – Decorate sugar skulls and make Catrina headbands
- 12–2 pm – Calavera-themed face painting
- 1 pm – Ballet Folklórico performance
- 1:30 pm – Catrina Contest. Parade your best Catrina for all to see! We’ll have prizes for best costumes.
- 2:30 pm – Movie showing: The Book of Life in Spanish
- Altars made by Lafayette community members will be on display all day throughout the library; the exhibit continues through November 9. Find out more on the significance of Día de Muertos altars, and read on for more background on the holiday.
Here are the September picks from the Teen Collection Connection (TCC)! Check out the reviews, and find the whole set of books in the catalog…
Dewey’s nonfiction number of the month is 900! Nonfiction books are great for finding factual information to use in school projects and/or personal research.